Saturday, December 16, 2017

Rumballs Are Finished!

It takes me weeks to make the 'Family' rumballs. I have modified the recipe to suit those with allergies & the whole 'rum ingredient'.

The one ingredient to which they are named after! Rum! I used all these rums to plump up the raisins. This process can take up to a week. Once I can stir the raisins & see they no rum is absorbed, they are ready to be puree & the rumballs can then be made! Bill,  I think we need more rum for the eggnog!

 Once made, the rumballs are then rolled in chocolate sprinkles, red/green sprinkles, ground walnuts, or icing sugar & cocoa.

I did not make them last year, this year I made loads, over 200, for family & friends to enjoy! Aunt Alice, I will be putting some in the mail for you too, to enjoy.

Festive Photos!
                                      Mr Boots is in a joy feeling with his Santa cap on!

                                  Visions of Boston puppies to terrorize, are in his head! lol

                                               Mr Boots is 23 pounds of Christmas Cheer!

 And the shenanigans with these three! Rexton taunts them & like younger siblings, they respond!

 I weighed Bridget, she's now 21 pounds & Baxter is 25 pounds. I think that they are finished now as they will be a year old on the 19th. Baxter could fill out a bit more though.

                     Bridget had her head stuck as she tried to lick Rexton as she moved away!

                                                          They are all so funny to watch!

 Baxter got right up on the chaie& gave Reston a big hug, Bridget was still wiggling, stuck in the chair! lol
 After a full day, Bridget & Baxter are in their beds & the cats take over their cushion which I place right in front of the firebox.

Old Tom, now 19, loves the radiant heat from the firebox. Rexton too, I think of Boris at times like these when the two would spoon together & sleep in front of the fire.

 I was at my favourite Sally Ann shop last week & purchased these beautiful handmade smocked balls. They were in a $3.00 bag of Christmas decorations,  I felt like IKEA... start the car!
The thrill of the find!
The sun porch is not insulated & is so cold but it is viewed through the garden doors from the dining area & the great room, so I have been decorating it too for Christmas. With wind chills -29C today that room is balmy -5C! Brrrrr
It makes for a good area of refrigeration to keep tins of rumballs though!

I'm so glad you stopped in for a visit & when you smell rum, do think of my rumballs! lol
It is good to keep family traditions going & creating new ones for the future generations.
The family will be arriving this week & I am so excited about seeing them & sharing Christmas times of food & laughter with all of them. What a great way to end this year!!

I found a saying that I always enjoyed & I want to share with you to ponder.

Life is not about finding yourself.
Life is about creating yourself.
                               George Bernard Shaw

Merry Christmas to you & yours!
Cynthia

2 comments:

  1. Oh all the rum balls. I used to make them years ago but I always only made one batch. I haven't made them in years.

    Those two are hilarious trying to lick the cat.

    Life has been extremely busy on the farm these days for me as I got 4 new calves added to my many chores.

    Stay warm, cosy and healthy. Merry Christmas to you and your love ones.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those smocked decorations are to die for! Great find !!

    ReplyDelete