Friday, October 6, 2017

Fun & Busy Week!

This week has had such beautiful weather! The thunderstorm happened at night & the days are just so summer like.
The thing I am missing this Fall is that there is not a lot of yellow or orange in the foliage & tree colour.  Even if the sun is not shining, those warm bright colours shine through making the Fall announce the change. I think it's those colours that put the 'Ouu & awe' into the sounds when you see them. Those colours are truly missed by me.

 I was given a bag of tomatoes from my neighbour Karen & I put them to good use making, winter chili sauce.
 I call it the winter one because of all the warm spices added it the recipe. It is Bill & my favourite!

 I got 11 pints out of that recipe. I have more to do but I'm waiting for the tomatoes to turn red!

 I made raisins from Paulette's grapes that she left behind. I'm not much of a grape eating person but I love raisins & I know that there are no sulfates in these raisins! I get hives from so many additives, I never use to react to food, now it is so important for me to read labels & ask questions or I end up having a Benadryl day!


Your A  Mean One, Mr. Boots!
 
                                I have never had a cat that gets pleasure in terrorizing puppies!

 Baxter is the smart one & knew enough to go around the island, Bridget just begs for Mr. Boots to move but he's enjoying it too much! lol

 Bridget, just go around the island, it is a long distance to the food but more effective in not getting attacked & having something to eat!

                                                               Finally, she gets it!
                                                   And this 22lb watch cat, still will not budge!


 When I hear Bridget making noise in her sleep, I bet she's having nightmares about this cat!
Just this morning she came in from the yard & walked past Mr. Boots, only to have him turn & attack her. Mr. Boots has trained the pups that he leads & goes first, they follow or there is an unpleasant encounter with him!

I was talking with Bill on the phone the other night, it was a full moon!

 And I saw it through the mezzanine window! I looked so much like a picture with the sailboat!

Old Tom Cat~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Old Tom is entering his 19th year. He is now the oldest cat that I have ever owned. I have a London girlfriend Carol, her cat, Spike,  lived till he was 21!

 He has been coming out of the sewing room at night & sitting with me. He has not done that since I got the puppies last February. I think he knows that they are in bed for the night.  And purrs loudly as I pet him, old Tom is still a content happy cat. He is as light as a feather, he used to weigh 14lbs in his younger day.

Great Pumpkin~~~~~~~~

 I had some fun this week making the Peanuts, Great Pumpkin with Snoopy! This little wall hanging is Alberta Bound for the middle son, Mitchell & Nicole.
                                      This is the backing that I used & I spied a wolf...

The wolf that made me think of the grandpup Diesel, he was a  beautiful, inside & out, Siberian Husky. Diesel could talk & when he was excited he use to say to me "I Wuv U". It made my heart sing!

 See how the colours of yellow & orange just brighten this photo? That is what is miss this year, with the Fall leaf colours, driving down the highway to town. Yes, you really can 'feel' colour!

 I picked up some pie pumpkins & made a pumpkin pie, low fat with skim milk. I ate the entire pie!
I love pumpkin pie! Bill's home this weekend & I'll make & share one with him! lol

 Lucy has been wearing her pumpkin attire too! The orange poly/cotton had faded from the sun, so I took an orange Sharpie marker to the outfit, it does look brighter!

                                           Today I realized... Thanksgiving is on Monday!

                        So I changed Lucy's outfit & put on her crocheted turkey outfit!

                                                  Much more suiting for this holiday event!

                                     Her orange beak & feet are in much need of a painting...

        And her old body is in need of a painting too. This spring Lucy will get a much needed, 'makeover' for 2018.

Gnome Trio~~~~~~~~~~~

The trio of Swedish Gnomes is now done! Now to get the mantel shelf up... that's another blog!

Fun Project~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I follow a Canadian sewing YouTube of Sew Very Easy, this tutorial is called the Arm Chair Caddy!
It is very easy to do & the tutorial is just 12 minutes long!

 The caddy will hold threads, needles, scissors, & the large pocket holds paperwork/patterns.

Here is my finished, Arm Chair Caddy! It is going to come in handy with the quilt bindings that have to be sewn before Christmas! For my sewing friends visiting, do have a look at Laura's Youtube, you'll be glad you did!

I am physical, mentally, & spiritually, in a good place right now & will enjoy it as I know... This too will pass as nothing stays the same.

This Thanksgiving I am very thankful for everything & everyone that I have been blessed with in my life. It is a very full life & keeps evolving in a positive matter that makes me grateful!

So the pumpkin in my foyer says all that I'm feeling!


                                      These three words could not describe my life any better!

Thank you for stopping by for a visit & have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!

Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. You do have a lot to be thankful for and your life is richly blessed.
    The chilli sauce looks delicious.
    I have lots of tomatoes and just don't feel up to canning this year.
    We gave a lot of then away this year.

    I love the chair caddy idea. I used to sew a lot but not so much now.

    I went for a quick trip to our coop store and the colors were spectacular. I couldn't believe the difference a few days made. I was almost overwhelmed by the beauty. It's the best time to travel now to see the colors.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete