Sunday, April 23, 2017

It's Spring Thawing & Puppies Gnawing!

Finally the Miramichi Bay is opening up in front of us. Our backyard has been frozen shut & very winter white. Today it is lovely seeing the water beginning to appear again!

 The water is reflecting the blue sky & fluffy clouds. You can still see the snow & ice on the water but it is now breaking up. Winter is letting go & disappearing!

             I think spring is going to come upon us quickly & soon the trees will be budding!

                                       The season here really are beautiful in its own way.

Now that the large puddles have dried up,  Baxter & Bridget enjoy their runs in the backyard.


            Wow! It is really a sight to see the water again. This winter was a long, icy, cold one.

 The backyard still has the snow drift in it but at least you can look out the window now! The ground has dried up quite a bit, the last couple of days. We even had snow flurries, for a few of them!

 The pups stay up, away from the shore. I was told that someone lost their dog, when it fell threw a crack in the ice & perished. I won't take them to the shore, until I can fully see the shore, after the melting is done.

 They run hard & smell all the new smells of the animals that roam around in the night.

 It's hard to get a good shot of them, they are always on the move or tripping me under foot! lol



                                           This is the best photo I could do with them today.                                                              
 The dirt will be topped with top soil in June & then we can start seeding it for grass. Wow that is going to be a lot of seeding! Mitch, I'm going to miss you this year, Maddy, we're seeding! lol

 The pond is still covered in ice & snow but the drain that was made is working & filling & draining any overflow. The ground is drying quickly. Easter Sunday Both Nick & I fell through the snow & were soaked by the cold water, from that watery ditch!

 The front yard wooded area was worked on by all six of us for two day, it does look neater!

 The little ditch with the water in, has a nice look to it & a bridge going over it, is to be built this year.

                                                 Five more provinces & territories to go!

                                         I finished my ex-large sewing bag! This is the front...
 And this is the back. I used the place-mat, that Lynn made me for Christmas a couple of years ago, for a pocket. It worked beautifully & accented the bag! This huge bag will hold all kinds of sewing & rug hooking supplies now .

I made this hanger from a patterned gift from my girlfriend Liz, She mailed it to me last summer when I was in the cottage. It's from the 2016 Summer blog hop in ON. Thank you Liz! 



Terrorizing Terrors!!


The cats scratching post has been shredded by teething puppies! Bridget is slow at getting her teeth & the front are just cutting through.

The second set should arrive when they're eight months old. They are four months right now & the teething is constant. I have all kinds of toys for them to teeth on but the house seems to be a better option. Grrrrrrr

My beautiful black primitive chair, now has teething marks on the bottom spindles...

                                Oh my, I'm so glad that the dining chairs don't arrive till next month!

Even the corner of my lap top was gently gnawed on by Bridget! She's having quite the teething time.
I was telling Cindy, my insurance broker,  about it last Thursday & she laughed & said, every time we got a new puppy growing up & it teethed on the house, mom would say, "Those a happy memories for later." Bill seemed to like that idea. lol
I'm going to visit the butcher shop tomorrow, to get a nice knuckle bone for her teething.

The house is quite with everyone gone. But this too will pass.
I'm going to try to get that quilt done, so close now & the red & white one from YouTube's,  Sew Easy, is next! Never without a project & those UFO's to be completed too!

Have a great week, wherever you are, spring is coming to us...  so I know it will be great here!

Stay safe & happy!
Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I bet those puppies would love an old boot to chew on.Too bad about your antique chair.

    I can't get over how big those two are getting. They sure look happy to be together. Soon They will need to be spayed. Never a fun time... but it will all come to pass.

    Your big quilt is really coming along nicely. You get so much sewing done...

    You got some great nature photos. So beautiful. I'm amazed at how big your house looks. I bet it's really beautiful to see it in person.
    Enjoy your new home in New Brunswick.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete