Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sewing Gadgets

This week I started packing for my trek home to the east coast. Whilst in my sewing studio I spied my Molly Mouse in her nautical coloured outfit. She has to go with me this trip!
I brought her into the house & thought I'd empty her pockets...

 Molly has six pockets in the front of her apron & she would sit next to my sewing machine & hold items needed for that project at the time. Back then, I did so much sewing for a growing family & sewed their clothes & toys. Not like now with so much quilting & decorating going on. Although after seeing the price of clothes!! I'm going to start sewing clothes again.
Back to Molly. She has been a real gem to me over the last 25years or so & helped to keep me organized. I emptied her pockets & it looked like chaos!

I even found things that I had placed in her pocket for 'safe keeping'. lol

 I took the time to organize this chaos & it made a lot more sense to me, I had several of nearly all the items! Just the other day I was looking for a metal 6" ruler, I now know where 'they' were. lol

I even found my lost Mustang pattern, this is the one I use on my post cards. Maybe this year it will have a wreath around it's neck for Christmas post cards!

                                      As you can see, Molly holds a lot of pins & needles too!
 She was a VIP print panel, you would cut it apart & sew it together & stuff. I weighed her down with a lot of rice & it has worked for years.
 I noticed that I even filled the back of her hat & cape with things for safe keeping.

                                      Her sweet cape, on the outside, has the cutest print of scissors on it.

 And the inside print, of her lined cape ,has just about every item that can go in those six pockets on her apron.

 She has been handy over the years & I'm going to put her back into action on my sewing table. :-)
Sewing accessories, they've been re-branded as 'gadgets & gizmos' . lol
Whatever the name, they sure make a sewing job easier!

Molly had her button sewn arm repaired, she's as good as new. Ready to take on a new sewing project & she's already wearing nautical colours. Her next destination is in a studio that faces the Miramichi Bay, that opens into the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Oh the breeze from the bay this summer & the hours of fun we're going to have! lol

 I went into the parlour to take a photo of the finished quilt & found Tommy sound asleep on it. I didn't have the heart to move him. He was half on Sweet & Sassy & on the end on the quilt. You could say, he has covered what I've worked on this week. lol

 Rexton gave Tommy a lick on the head & he just slept right through all that was going on around him. The quilt is off to be quilted & I'll take my camera & get a full picture of it then.



Sweet & Sassy Doll

Sweet & Sassy has her slip & dress,  now,  just the pinafore to go.
She has a real Little House on the Prairie look to her or much like Michael Landon's,  son's new show, on the Hallmark Channel, When Calls The Heart. It's a step back to the challenges of the 'simpler times'. I watch it on the TVonline.cc as we've given up on cable channels, so many channels...nothing to watch. This makes so much more sense to us & we watch TV,  without commercials, when we want to watch.

Bill's back from China & these are the photos he sent me from China.

                                              Chicken feet or duck feet, for dinner tonight?
 He always comes home thinner than when he'd left. Different culture, different food...No thank you.


He sent me this picture of a candy packet. It just doesn't translate well. Yes it has a 'creamy center that oozes out'. It just isn't as appetizing, with the word 'Pus' in it! lol

 Bill took this picture from the taxi.

The guy on the motorcycle has two butchered pigs tied on the back!
I've had several invites to go to China & it is not one of the countries that I want to visit. My dream country was England & I've been there through the years of business, more times than I can remember. It's only an 8 hour airplane trip, China is 16, in-flight, hours. I don't know how Bill does it.



Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I must pop out to have the quilt machine quilted by Liz in Dorchester & to attend my tatting class this afternoon at Stitch Central, in Ingersoll.

A thought for the day.

A well-spent day
Brings happy sleep.
                        ~Leonardo DaVinci

Have a wonderful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment