Friday, November 4, 2011

Autumn Pillow



I was a little restless with so much applique & put together this wool acorn pillow from the Rabbit's Gift -Trio by Claire Denny. The pattern center was not enough as I enlarged the background size to accommodate my Mustang lounge pillow, so I added 4 acorns from the other pillow design. I loved the cardinal fabric so I quilted it using  painter tape as the grid guide. Everything was done on my Babylock machine, so it went together quickly. The acorn wool was my week's find, a blazer from England for 3.95, it took 1 1/2 hours to take it apart to be hot washed, the outcome was so worth it, it's beautiful fabric, the brown is from one of my favorite wool skirts that I wore in the early 80's. I was much smaller back then, if I knew then, what I know now...I would have admired my 26" waist more!



My admirer's, I just feed & walk them & they follow me everywhere ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cynthia, I love your beautiful pillows. You sure are creative and just churn out some great projects every time. I'm sure that your admirers approve of your fine pillows. JB

    ReplyDelete