Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sharing My Gift


This Miramichi Cursillo Banner, was put together by several different people  from the area & the letter placement, quilting, & binding was done by me. Someone had told them the letters that were made were too big, I asked for the opportunity to  audition them & she agreed with me that it was a good size as it's a banner to be read from afar.  I machine quilted everything down so it can be used for years to come & put a rod casing in the back for hanging. My sewing is my gift from God, I've been doing it since I can remember. My Barbie like dolls had pin holes all through them till I turned 6 years old & was able to use the sewing machine by turning the wheel of my mothers belt driven Hamilton sewing machine. No hydro was allowed, slow & steady for safety.  Later in life I would apply & be accepted into a 4 year art program, I majored in textiles & minored in sculpture  & it was there I began to understand my gift & the use of the elements of design. To date a day seldom goes by that I don't sew something.  A gift is meant to be shared and given, this is mine to the Miramichi Cursillo group :-)

1 comment:

  1. Cynthia, you do beautiful work and it's commendable that you use your God given gifts to help out the community with this banner.

    The Curcillo movement is a great Christian movement and the banner will surely be appreciated by the Miramichi people for years to come. JB

    ReplyDelete