Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Oval Background Done :-)


The blue oval background is now complete. It's a huge learning curve the art of rug hooking-- but I'm hoping that by the time this rug is done, I'll have the knack of it. Had a hard time with my initials CM-R I thought of my stitches as pixels, the M was hard though. The navy blue anchors & red background are next, this is a cottage rug & I'm going for a nautical feel to it. The gold yarn for the center star is difficult to find in this area in Briggs & Little 100% wool yarn. The quest continues... All black is done in the cut up men's suit fabric, the different textures of yarn & fabric marry together well, however the yarn is so much easier to work with.
I'm also still working on the 'Over the River' blocks & the 64 flying geese border! I want it done for the fall.

1 comment: