Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall Pillows

I've been busy making fall pillows, the two livingroom pillows were covered in pleather, not warm & cozy for the cool evenings in the livingroom, until now.
I was shopping with Aurelle & we found this cozy cotton sweater, that I made into a cushion cover for under 10 dollars. The 2nd hand sweater was $5.95 & the zipper &1.50. Up cycling for the next season, I just love the look. I was viewing the Laura Ashley Fall/ Winter 2011 catalogue on line & saw something similar, which gave me this idea.


This is the velvet, cowhide fabric I chose for the cottage chairs & my husband covered them this summer. With the left over piece I made another cushion cover for the other pleather cushion cover. This fabric is like a is oh so soft & this pillow is also for the livingroom, on the sofa, for me to lay my head on, much more inviting that that cold pleather I've been using...up till now.

The small cushion cover was made for the warm fall colours. It was made from four extra blocks made for the 'Over the River' quilt, because it's scrappy I made extra to audition in the quilt, these four did not make the cut. 
   

1 comment:

  1. I love your beautiful pillows. You do such good work. JB

    ReplyDelete