Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Made With Love

Three years ago when I first arrived at the cottage, I met a special woman named Valma & through her, her mom, Virgine. Well, we visit each other through the spring/summer/fall & Virgine & I  write snail mail through the fall/winter. Last winter, Valma emailed me to let me know her mom fell & broke her hip, so this spring  after arriving at the cottage,  I was visiting her as she recovered  in her 'peach coloured' bedroom...I knew I had something for her. Something that I made for me as I loved the colours & never used it...so now it was meant for her! I presented Virgine with the lap quilt this summer & she just loved it. Years ago she too had made quilts but many were lost in a house fire. I know this New Brunswick winter, she'll be a little warmer with her beautiful peach bedroom with a lap quilt that was made with love from me to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment