Wednesday, July 27, 2011

'Over The River & Through the Woods'

This has been one of my handwork projects this summer, it's a Crab-apple Hill pattern that has 3 embroidered horizontal panels , which I'm using DMC perle cotton #8 rather than 2 strands of skein of black & enjoying it very much! The design also has horizontal square-in-a-square & star blocks , finished with a flying geese border around the inner border. I'm now working on the last busy block that is to be positioned on the top, working on muslin with the flannel back has been a bit of a challenge as I'm use to using Kona & flannel...however the outcome is very pleasing to the eye. I hope to have this done for the living room  as a wall hanger for the fall/winter. It will measure 51" x 57" the finished colours will be in black, brown, gold, beige, the feel of late fall/winter. A photo of the finished quilt will be shown when it's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment