Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Forever Blue

This was also ordered when I purchased Hugs & Kisses...it was on sale...such a good price & my favourite colours too! I love traditional quilt patterns too, it was meant to be ;-)
So many pieces cut in just 2 colours...one pattern block done in a negative & positive. Painter tape is my tool of chose for many quilting projects & is handy when I paint too! As each unit is cut it is stickered with the painter tape & the information & size that was cut recorded on the tape...a lot of 2 1/2 & 3" squares! The tool purchased at The Marsh store 'Quilter's Magic Wand' is used for marking the diagonal lines on the many squares, that & a 220 very fine sandpaper to keep everything staple while marking your lines on the diagonal.
Here is the positive & negative squares complete...25 pieces sewn together to make on square! Just 25 a total of squares to make...
Sashing & 36 cornerstones will separate the 2 squares, it too looks like X & O's!  Once I have this 80" x 80" quilt done, I'm going to be cutting & sewing this pattern in red & white. This queensize quilt will be made as a wedding gift for my son Donald & his new wife Melissa...they were married July 1st, Canada Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment