Monday, March 14, 2011

Green Pillows!

As you can see I'm still working with green...



    
I had a piece of green toile fabric, so I  made quilted fabric from it using my batting scraps & scrap fabric for the backing  (polyester/cotton broadcloth works well & is inexpensive), centering the main medallion. The pillows seem much nicer if the front is lined or quilted. The use of green painters tape for griding is my favourite method. Start by placing the tape diagonally corner to corner & evenly placed  outward from there. The tape helps to keep the grid even & is reusable to use in the other 45 degree direction. I was able to use the same tape to mark the grid on both pillows.  Then made a pair of flange pillows with green braiding to highlight the center & hide the start & stopping of the quilting stitches. The back is a more contemporary green stripe fabric, with a Velcro closing.

No comments:

Post a Comment