Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Garden Party Quilt


The Garden Party Quilt is one I'm doing to stay in touch with fellow quilter's out on the east coast. I read the pattern over several times to try to understand it. The techniques were unfamiliar to me... a Revlon nail file, Mylar plastic triangles. I started & it's been a fun project & is finally making sense. This quilt assembly is a  timely one too. Each flower takes 3 hours to make...there are 5 colours! I'm working on the green tomorrow & sashing this week. The goal is to have it finished by next weekend. This has been a new experience for me, I like tradition quilts & this pattern reminded me of a Dresden Plate pattern. That's one of my UFO's...this year,  it too will be completed, I do get side tracked so easily!

Blue flowers are put on...

The red flowers are added...



Yellow flowers are added...


Brown flowers are added...just the green flowers needed, then the sashing to bring it all together!

1 comment:

  1. just gorgeous! love the quilt, how fast you are! Now we really have to bring it!!

    ReplyDelete